Last week saw the winners of Pivot East announced and they were Arifu, Duma Works, Makarao, Safemotos, and Shield.
The day after, the finalists got to take part in a speed dating game, and some of the creators spoke about their entries including:
- Duma Works: a recruitment platform that uses mobile tech to make the process faster & smoother
- Eko Biashara is a tool for small business owners to track their money through invoices, clients and customers. It’s fully online and the creators are developing an android app (they are looking for android & windows developers)
- Safe Motos (Rwanda) – an uber for motor bikes using and taxis smart phones and taxis. They are looking for a next round of capital funding.
- Guumzo share twitter-like conversations using voice. They are looking to raise $150K and for partners in Kenya
- Soka is a mobile app that gives football fans access to news, video, stats, on soccer across Africa.
- African Fashion seeks to connect local fashion designers with followers, fans, and fashion lovers. They are looking for partners and investors.
- Moview enables fans of movies to get info, locations and schedules, and local & foreign features in Tanzania. They are looking for $50K, to build windows & iOS apps and for partners on Kenyan movies.
- Yanguwa from Uganda which has poor transport system and aggregates different service providers.
- V-Money is a scratch card voucher that tops your mobile money wallet.
- Feedback R/T from Uganda is a simple game that teachers people how to avoid HIV, and get help if affected. They are looking for mentors & fundraisers.
- Tenderpreneur.net tries to manage the chaotic Kenyan tendering process through automating it and make easier connections in the supply chain. (They are looking for partners to help them do this across East Africa)
- SoftBallot runs polls referendums for universities and union halls. They are looking for funding partners sponsor for $50K.
- SpotMe connects old friends without using their phone numbers, but using their background like school.
- BOOKEX helps facilitate exchange of books to school kids from others who used books in previous years.
- SaniCMS is church management software, and a learning platform for church members. They are looking for $30K
- Makarao TV is an online animation TV channel that showcases Kenyan animation for local audience in which they tackle social issues in fun manner using police characters. They are looking for a $150K investment
The winners of Pivot East 2015 were Arifu, Duma Works, Makarao, Safemotos, and Shield.