The Kengen IPO will open with rather short notice on March 20 with shares priced at Kshs 11.90 each.
Francis Drummond has published a roadshow timetable to increase awareness of the IPO which will run from March 20 to April 26.
- 10th March 2006 – Mombasa (Nyali Beach Hotel)
- 13th March 2006 – Embu (Isaac Welton Hotel) and Nakuru( Merica Hotel)
- 14th March 2006 – Meru (County Hotel), Eldoret (Sirikwa Hotel) and Kisumu (Imperial Hotel)
- 15th March 2006 – Kakamega (Golf)
- 17th March 2006 – Garissa (Nomad Paradise)
At the movies
Finally, Nairobi theatres have some decent drama movies I can watch such as The Constant Gardener, Munich, Memoirs of a Geisha and Syriana all showing now. This has been a tough year to find non-PG/kid comedy or Indian movies that theatres here prefer to show. I remember calling up Fox theatres many months ago when “Constant Gardener” opened worldwide and they had not heard of it and were not aware it was set or shot in Kenya.