Comparing performance to last quarter and a year ago, the portfolio is down 10% in the last three months, while the while the NSE 20 share index is down 4% since August 2015, but down 23% since last November.
Bralirwa (Rwanda) ↓
Centum (ICDCI) ↓
CIC Insurance ↓
Diamond Trust ↓
Kenya Airways ↓
Kenya Oil ↓
Stanbic (Uganda) ↓
- For the second quarter, in a row, everything is down, except the NSE share price itself, followed by Equity Bank which is marginally!
- In: Barclays, Stanlib Fahari (I-Reit)
- Out: Safaricom, Scangroup, Mumias
- Increase: Equity Bank, NIC
- Decrease: None
- Best performer: NSE (up 20%)
- Worst performer: Atlas (down 73%) ,Bralirwa, Kenya Airways.
- Unexpected Events: (1) Atlas bankruptcy, though the warning signs were there with the slowdown of exploration activities. It is mainly owed money by Tullow Oil and the Geothermal Development Company (GDC) (2) The collapse of Imperial Bank, which has had a knock on effect on other bank shares. (3) Kenya Airways half year results.