and other Bank Twits
Twitter is a micro-blogging tool that is really nifty for doing mini-posts, forward and other remarks that (are on any subject) and are maybe not worthy of a full blog post. Here’s a summary of the last few days on Twitter:
- @MauriYambo Kenya Co-op Bank directors shareholding Stinks http://bit.ly/EvI2d
- KTN’s Larry … Madowo @larrymadowo on Twitter
- After a few drinks I discover I may be related to @kafai and @gishungwa! #TIA
- Morning traffic jams in Nairobi Kileleshwa. Spy some Apts being built into the river & fear that one day, river will rise & reclaim its banks.
- Government of Kenya shot itself in foot with punitive alcohol tax. Spirit brewers going belly up, Uhuru should correct.
- Happy birthday young @intelligensia
- @mwaikibaki will launch Kenya’s fibre optic cable this month.
- @mwaikibaki says Kenya census starts august 24. Ends with his famous phrase, calls hecklers #pumbavu
- Cadbury seems to have discontinued my fave choc wafer, while alvaro is on sale – buy 5, get 1 free!
- Some Nairobi buildings were designed by Mario bros – with secret floors, VIP lifts, hidden entrances, hostile guards to negotiate.
- Santander Bank may sponsor Ferrari next year – does that also make Alonso their new driver? http://tinyurl.com/mgukmu
- Does patient capitalist Jacqueline Novogratz @jnovogratz have the answer to the role of aid in development? http://tinyurl.com/q9llxb
- The African Union wants to set up an African Central Bank http://bit.ly/QcMav
- @TerryanneC Delta Airlines maiden flight earlier scheduled for tomorrow from Atlanta to Kenya postponed indefinitely
- If I had to subscribe to one magazine for life, it would be the Economist
- @coldtusker even without airport CEO, artur, 1jet1 – US may want more than one airport checkpoint to filter passengers, so non-stop no go.
- @mamboleo ranneberger welcomed delta in the news and was to officiate today. Mwakwere has been in US for a week waiting to fly
- @MIMImagazine new Sade album this year http://bit.ly/Ywv14\
- What’s wrong with Kenya airport Security? http://tinyurl.com/qmmem2
- Want to speak like Kenyan kids? – try the Sheng dictionary http://www.sheng.co.ke/kamu…
- Got an accurate shares statement by e-mail from CDSC Kenya – so my stockbroker is still honest
- Should companies care about what’s written about them online? http://bit.ly/oiYFw
- Former ministers and MP’s mentioned in parliament as masterminds of some collapsed Kenya pyramid
- Michuki and Ruto top a NTV viewer poll of best performing ministers in Kenya. Ok… #Kenya
- @alykhansatchu “In September 2008, all hell broke loose, it fell like the Titanic” – Titus Naikuni Kenya Airways CEO
- @coldtusker Kenya Airways losing 4 billion after Zain’s 7 billion loss, there’s a lot of blood!
- Nairobi city council asking 100 shillings ($1.25) to photocopy each 100 words of new laws that will punish residents #FAIL
- Follow George Ayittey @ayittey for a harsh dose of Afro-reality
- JKIA arrival lounge – musician Jua Cali and Uganda leader Kizza Besige arrive unnoticed
- Button-Brawn wins turkey GP. Kenyan crowds are ABB – Anyone but Button
- @karuoro does XYZ fail for taking shots at politicos who are too funny to be imitated or is it the poor voices?
- Reading Africa confidential to see which way Gabon goes: Lady Senate president should succeed, but Bongo Jnr. is minister of defence.
- Weekendgossip: Delta planned Nairobi route before they merged with Northwest – who are KLM partners. KLM have invested for many years in Kenya Airways so does it make sense for Delta to fly to Nairobi?
- Why would Wanjiku Mugane quit the EABL Board? http://bit.ly/u6a6V
- R/T @kainvestor @kachwanya Zain looks to close $12bn deal to sell Africa unit – report: http://tinyurl.com/m4wofy
- Soldiers are not allowed with guns in the room (and other hotel rules) http://bit.ly/BCAV8
- Time to do the tax return thing – 3 out of 4 years waiting for a tax refund.
- How the Lakers won Game 2: I wish Bill Simmons watched Soccer and F1 because there are more conspiracies than NBA http://tinyurl.com/ma2gax
- The folks at DNA Kenya have published a Promiscuity Index Report: Ave No. of Steady Mistresses! Ave No. of kids per steady Mistress! Ave No. of 1 night stands since wedding! #DNAKenya http://www.dnakenya.com