seeking bloggers: Mediation talks are going on in Nairobi, and we hope for a better month than January. The last post I did was on winners – one of whom was Kenyans online who have been inspired by the political crisis to start blogging. I’d like to add new bloggers to the blog roll (the list on the right, below the advertisements) – an update of the list is long overdue and some blogs there have since become dormant. Regular readers are invited to submit any interesting blogs they have found (and which are likely to be running for the next few months at least) and I may do a write up of them
most from the daily papers this week
TED Africa registration opens today
Import finance: the Government of Japan has through Kenya’s ministry of finance come forward with a 1.5 billion yen (884 million shillings) facility for Kenyan businesses to import raw materials and finished goods from Japan. Applications are on a first come, first served basis, minimum amount is 5 million shillings, maximum 40 million ($560,000) ; terms are down payment of 10% and finance is up to 90% to be repaid over 1 year and secured by a bank guaranteed. Info is from crown agents (email@example.com)
Ford foundation scholarships: The 7th round of the Ford foundation international fellowships program is up and running. 48 scholarships are available to Kenyans – details online and D/L is 7/3
– Credit analysts at Africa trade insurance company
Consolidated bank: branch manager, credit manager, credit admin manager, credit analysts. Apply though snail mail by 15/2
– Regional learning & development coordinator at Deloitte. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
KCB: divisional director HR – apply through hawking associates by 11/2. Also investigators (frauds-forensics) and head of central services. Apply to email@example.com by 8/2
– Kenya Airways: Ramp Bus Operator,
Sales & Ticketing Agent, Multilingual In-Flight Attendant, Customer Service Agent, Qualified Pilots
Nimble Africa: industry experts (hospitality, financial, retail). Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/2
– Safaricom: Area sales representative, M-PESA new business sales officer. D/L is 6/2
– Standard group: financial & commercial services director, group managing editor. Apply through PWC at email@example.com by 15/2.
– USIU; management accountant, financial accountant. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15/2
– Independent financial advisors at Winton investments: Apply to email@example.com.