It appears 35% of the shares on offer may be reserved for foreigners, but they may have to pay more per share than local investors or other East African nationals.
IPO please: The necessity of a Safaricom IPO – IMF says Kenya is not paying developemtn debts
Kenyans abroad always demand the right to vote from any government in power, but without much success. The logistics are not that difficult to manage as other countries are showing;
– About two months ago, a notice appeared in the nation inviting citizens of Botswana wishing to vote in the national elections to come and register at their Nairobi high commission (Gigiri) over a three week period.
– And now the Russia federation has invited its citizens who wish to vote in the state duma elections to come and cast their vote at the Nairobi Russian embassy (Kilimani) all day on December 2 (Sunday) – and all they need are their passports!
– So maybe one day the Electoral Commission of Kenya will be able to assist the Diaspora vote
And just this week the Kenya government has waived entry fees for spouses and children of diplomats working with the US Embassy in Kenya. Hope this is reciprocated by the US.
The dollar is the dollar and it has sunk across the board and will continue for the foreseeable future. But the Kenya shilling which is up 12.8% against the dollar is up against almost all major currencies. Using the handy CBK exchange rate tool shows the shilling up 6.6% against the pound 1.2% against the Euro, 12.8 against the (Dubai) Dirham and 6.7% up against the Yen. The shilling is also 5% up against China currency (this year) which was not even tracked by CBK a year ago. In Africa, it is up 10.9% against the SA Rand, and 8.1% & 4.3% against the Ug and Tz shillings respectively.
The Central Bank has already taken a beating for the shilling.
most from the daily papers this week
– Africa development bank: portfolio officer, private sector development, chief communication specialist (external relations &comms), ombudsperson, senior investment officer (investments & trading room – treasury), principal (infrastructure, regional integration & trade), principal trade regulation officer (infrastructure, regional integration & trade). Apply to email@example.com, by 30/11
– Africa online: group head of HR, group head of marketing. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/12
– Consumers insight: associate research director, senior research manager senior research executive, HR manager, front office coordinator email@example.com by 30/11
– Gro FIN – SME finance: business development managers in Kenya Uganda Tanzania. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/12
– Hashi empex: supply & planning manager, transport & logistic mgr, sales & marketing mgr, operations mgr. apply to email@example.com by 7/12
– Housing finance: service delivery manager, credit risk officer. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
– K-Rep bank: finance manager, regional manger (coast, nyanza, western, eastern, Nairobi provinces), monitoring & evaluation officer, microfinance officer intern. Apply by 7/12 though snail mail
– KTN on-screen talent search. Email email@example.com
– Kenya film corporation : Internal auditor, communications officer, legal officer. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30/11
– Business development manager at nation media group apply to email@example.com by 30/11
– NOCK: fuel business cared coordinator, alternative business executive. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13/12
– Financial advisors at Winton investment services. Apply to email@example.com
– Resellers at Africa online resellers
– Malta Guinness business distributors for east Africa breweries d/l is 20/12- International tender from Kenya Pipeline Company and Kenya petroleum refineries ltd for an LPG import, handling, import, storage bottling facility. d/l is 21/1
– International tender for modernization of number plates by the Kenya Government (Office of the Vice president and Ministry of Home Affairs) d/l is 21/12