It’s almost the third anniversary of this blog (started in November 2004) and it’s time to reflect on the 800 or so posts that appear here. It’s been great channeling everyday stories and knowledge and new, finding obscure pieces in the Kenya Gazette or the classifieds and building something worthwhile to write about. Also, some posts have been obscure, trivial, and forgotten a day after.
Now there’s a support group of other financial bloggers (see the blog roll to the right) to spread the financial word as well as the Business Daily which has been a great resource for me over the last year – and I truly enjoy it though I question its long term viability.
Dear readers: Idea exchange
This is also a chance to improve going forwards and readers are invited to offer their suggestions;
– Why do you read this? What do you hate?
– What topics would you liked to see covered more? Or less? As long as there are shillings involved, it’s worth blogging about.
– Do you like the design? Go back to black?
– More posts or less?
– What features, enhancements, tools, can be added to enhance the information and participation at this blog? Digg etc?
– What blogs would you like to introduce here? Preferably financial, social, or economic with an African or development focus
– Would you like to advertise or collaborate on an idea? Remember this has been an one man shop with full time social, family, and work activities
– Any other ideas? Comment her or drop a line via the contact page