– Want to start an airline? Boeing has created a site to guide your operations into this very risky business. (From Randy’s Journal – a Boeing VP’s blog!)
– Kenya Airways now offers flight status information via phone to passengers at 20/= per SMS.
– There was a small story on the KTN news indicating that Five forty aviation (Lonrho air) which will launch air services to Mombasa this month will be priced as a low cost no frills airline.
– Pan Africa airways (which is hiring crews for F27 and B737aircraft) has also been licensed to operate from Nairobi to Mombasa, the coast and Loki.
– Jet Airways of India plans to launch flights to Nairobi next year
Banking: Kenwsitch and Pesa Point are collaborating to enable ATM customers to access each other’s networks.
from the daily papers
Financial accountant – Nairobi at the Institute of security studies. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24/11
Internal audit manager at Oserian flowers. Apply to email@example.com by 22/11
Pricewaterhousecoopers: (i) Financial effectiveness [senior consultants and consultant](ii) IT effectiveness [senior consultants and consultant] (iii) governance, risk & compliance/financial management in the public sector [senior consultants and consultant] (iv) governance, risk & compliance/internal audit services [senior consultants and consultant] (v) manager, human resource consultancy (vi) Human resource consultant [senior consultants and consultant]. Apply to the human capital manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30/11
Last year a Confucius Institute opened at the University of Nairobi teaching Chinese languages. Now Kenyatta University if offering a diploma course in Japanese languages as a 2 year program beginning in January 2007 (application deadline is 24 /11)
– the Kenya anti corruption authority (KACA) has advertised to procure an interview recording system (that works). KACA also plans to open an office in Mombasa.