A group known as the Faida Consortium (Faida Securities, ASHBHU Securities, First Africa, Discount Securities, Equity Bank) have opened a special Kengen IPO website.
More Bank ($)
CFC: (Was no. 9 in assets which increased from 17.2b to 20.9 billion in 2005). Customer deposits increased from 12 to 15 billion while loans were up slightly less from 11b to 11.6b. CFC is the only bank without a remittance business that has so far increased its fee & commission income in 2005 from 168m to 217 million. Pre-tax profit was up from 353m to 418 million, and the bank will pay a dividend of 0.84sh per share to shareholders after May 26, which is also the date of the bank’s AGM.
Diamond Trust: Was 12th in assets but has leap-frogged Stanbic as it assets grew from 11.6b to 16 billion at the end of 2005. Deposits were up from 8.8b to 13b while loans increased from 7.1b to 10.3b. Thanks to its western union partnership, fee & commission income increased from 215m to 363m. Profit before tax increased to 427m and the bank will pay a 1st and final dividend of 0.7 per share to shareholders after its AGM on May 26 at the Serena.
Stanbic: Was 11th in assets at the beginning of 2005 which it increased from 11.5b to 15 billion by year-end. Loans were up from 7b to 8.7b while deposits increased from 8m to 11.7b. The bank is among many other to see a reduction in fee & commission income for the year which was down to 272m from 294m (in ’04), and yet it still increased pre-tax profit from 145m to 440m.
ARM: Kenya’s third largest cement company, Athi River Mining (7% market share) posted improved results for 2005. Turnover was up to 2.2b from 1.6b and pre-tax profit was up from 172m to 296 million. The company will pay a div of .75 sh per share after the company AGM to be held on 8th June at the Intercontinental.
Total Oil: Turnover increased from 37.9b to 40.5 billion in 2005, however pre-tax profit reduced from 932m to 798 million. The company will pay a dividend of 2.5sh per share (same as in ’04) to shareholders after their May 3 AGM at the French Cultural Center
Sameer: Bridgestone company still retain a 14.9% stake in Sameer Africa (formely Firestone Kenya) year after the partnership break-up.
Kakuzi: Another tea & coffee had reduced turnover of 1.11 billion (down from 1.2b) and the company went from a 2004 profit of 93m to a loss last year of 112 million.
- A technical institute known as the Nishkam St. Puran Institute will be established in Kericho Town.
- Dominion farms multi-purpose dam, aqua culture center & agro-industrial project will involve the reclamation of 17,500 hectares of land in the Yala river & Lake Victoria basin.
- The meteorological department now has a website. Hopefully we can get accurate weather reports and mercenaries can know beforehand if freak rains will shut down Nairobi traffic again.
- Islamic Development Bank offering qard hassan or interest free loans for KCSE graduates who intends to pursue medicine, communications, computer science, and engineering beginning in 2006 – 07. Apply by 15 April to the supreme council of Kenya Muslims P O Box 45163 Nairobi.
- New Zealand scholarships (2) Kenya positions) at this site and deadline for applications is April 30.
- Now closed was a chance to be an international young music entrepreneur of the year – details at www.britishcouncil.org/kenya.
- Compose a 3 – 5 minute patriotic song and send it to email@example.com by April 7 – win cash prizes, and a chance to perform on Madaraka day.
- As part of the GJLOS reform program a consultant is required to coordinate a music/song campaign to mobilise popular support in the fight against corruption. Apply to the GJLOS program at KPMG by 21 April.
nation media group: news director, programme producer entertainment. Apply by March 31 to the group director HR, P O Box 49010 Nairobi.
pricewaterhousecoopers marketing & communications assistant apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3. 1
at various flower companies
- head of section (physical infrastructure) at a flower farm in Naivasha. apply to DN/A 709 p o box 49010-00100 by March 31.
- production manager at a flower farm in Naivasha. Apply to the advertiser p o box 66743 by March 30.
- managing director Waridi Farm. apply to email@example.com by March 26.
at various NGO’s
- programme coordinator – Kwale at Action Aid. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27.
- concern worldwide systems audit/support officer apply to email@example.com by March 31.
- chief executive officer (CEO) at the Nairobi central business district association (NCBDA). Apply to the CEO (huh?) at p o box 10687-00100 by March 24.
- human resource officer at the Red Cross. apply to Pamela.firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31.
- water resource specialist at the MDG center. Apply to c.Kenyatta@cgiar.org by March 31.
For the following, apply through Manpower Services (K) P O Box 50736-00200 by 29th March
- Electoral commission of Kenya: IT manager, Deputy IT manager
Water service regulatory board: Corporate service manager, Result services manager, Communications and public relations manager, Human resource manager.