Today I saw a Chrysler 300 on the streets of Nairobi for the first time. (Billionaire Businessman had spotted one last year) It’s a sleek, fast machine and is used by the South Korean Ambassador. I wish DT Dobie (who have the Jeep franchise) would ship more Chrysler 300’s to Nairobi. It would be the perfect car for government executives to use, is more affordable that the popular GK (and getting far too common) E-class, and would fall within most government procurement limits (except engine size).
– Corporate communications manager. Applicants should be age 35 – 45, have communications, business or journalism degree and 6 years PR experience. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22.
Commercial Bank of Africa
– Senior manager , business banking unit corporate banking (Ref SM/BBU/CB)
– Assistant general manager corporate banking (AGM/CB)
– Business development manager corporate banking (BDM/CB)
– Senior manager human resource development (SM/HRM)
– Assistant general manager – liability management & institutional banking (AGM/LMIB)
Apply to email@example.com by February 24.
Kenya Commercial Bank
– Business development manager (focusing on western union)
– Field services manager
Apply to the divisional director HR – P O Box 48400-00100 Nairobi by February 22
– Principal Regional Team Leader (Africa) based in Nairobi. Applicants should have an advanced degree in a relevant field, such as Sanitary or Environmental Engineering, Social Science, Economics, Finance or Business Administration. They must also have a minimum of 12 years of professional experience in relevant sectors plus a PhD degree, or 15 years of relevant experience plus a master’s degree. Closing date for applications is February 9. and more details can be found more can be found here.
HLB Ashvir & HLB Zainash Consulting
– Audit supervisors
– Audit seniors
– Tax supervisor
– Consulting senior
– IT consultant
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February.
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration based at its HQ in Nairobi, Kenya. Applicants should have a business degree, an FCA/ACCA/CPA and at least 10 years of relevant management experience at a senior level. Apply to email@example.com by February 28.
Nation Media Group is hiring accounts assistants. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13.
Oxfam is hiring a program finance support officer. Apply to email@example.com by February 24.
Kenya Institute of Public Policy Research & Analysis (KIPPRA) is hiring an executive director. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15.
Kenya Wildlife Services is hiring a head of information & communication technology. Deadline is February 24.
– Customer support engineer
– Marketing manager
– Account manager
Apply to email@example.com.
– Kengeles is inviting investors to take over the running of Kengeles restaurants in Lavington, Yaya, Nairobi West, Koinange street and Kula Korner or other restaurant owners to convert their premises and become Kengeles franchisees. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission wants to buy closed-circuit TV’s and statistical software.
– The Communications Commission of Kenya is inviting consultancies to research and analyse the internet market in Kenya including the penetration rate and factors affecting internet development. Apply by March 6.
– The Kenya Airports Authority is invited companies to install outdoor and indoor advertising billboard at JKIA.
– The Ministry of Finance is inviting consultancy services to (i) review the banking act & building societies act and (ii) establish a debt management department. (All part of the FLSTAP project and deadline is February 13)
– The Ministry of Finance is also tendering for a pensions information management system. Deadline is February 28.
– New regulations on venture capital and asset backed securities should be available at the Capital Markets Authority web site from February 14 for pubic discussion.
The Kengen staff retirements benefit scheme will construct 84 executive apartments in parklands area with pool, clubhouse, sauna, squash court and jogging track.
A Retirement Benefits open day is being at the Sarit expo centre on February 10 and 11.
Feeling like retiring, and also slumping at the worst time is (my) Liverpool who face Wigan on Saturday (Prem), Arsenal on Tuesday (Prem), Man U on Sunday Feb 19 (FA Cup) the Benfica on Tuesday Feb 22 (Champions League).