CFC has announced the calendar for their rights issue through which the Bank hopes to raise 744 million shillings by issuing 12 million new shares at 62 shillings (a discount of about 16% on the current market price). Each shareholder (of record on November 2) has the right to 1 new share for 12 currently held. Significant dates are;
– 16 November rights start trading
– 30 Nov last day of trading
– 9 December last payment date
– 16 Dec Results announced and register updated
– 21 Dec 21 new shares start trading
Who wants to be a millionaire?
Mobile operator Safaricom has launched a new contest that will reward 1 lucky subscriber with one million shillingseach week day over the next month. You qualify for the daily draw each time you top up a phone account by one hundred shillings. I’m down 1 today, 29 to go.
A Risk management consultancy opportunity has been advertised by PTA Bank, and the deadline is November 30.
Hotel for sale
The National Social Security Fund is selling a 114 bed hotel formerly known as Polana in downtown (not beach) Mombasa. Submit proposalsto the managing trustee by December 7. More information can be obtained from email@example.com
For transportation of emergency relief commodities to various districts for a period of one year. Apply to the special programmes ministry in the office of the president by December 13.
Kenya Commercial Bank
– Database developer
– Hardware systems specialist
– Enterprise solutions specialist
Apply by November 25th to the divisional director, human resources, 48400-00100 Nairobi
Savings & Loan Kenya – a subsidiary of KCB
– manager sales (ESD/SL/05)
– manager marketing (ESD/MK/05)
– corporate credit analyst (ESD/CCA/05)
– advance manager (ESD/AM/05)
Apply by November 25th via KPMG’s executive selection division at firstname.lastname@example.org .
East African Development Bank
– corporate finance specialist
– internal auditor
Apply by 25 November to the country manager EABB, 47685 Nairobi
Poverty & Environment Advisor. Check www.ke.undp.org for details and apply by November 13.
GIDD (Government & institutional development division) advisors for East & West Africa. Check www.thecommonwealth.org for details and deadline is 9 December.
Deloitte & Touché
– Audit seniors. Apply by 30 November at email@example.com
– financial analyst. Apply by November 22 to the human resource manager, 78340-00507 Nairobi.
Champions Unite: To create a champions league and super bowl powerhouse. (British soccer team Liverpool FC said it has held discussions with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft amid speculation that the U.S. tycoon could be poised to buy a stake in the club.)